It was an honor to be ministering at Christian Family Church International, South Africa for Drs. Theo and Beverley Wolmarans.
People were blessed by the teaching and some emailed me and asked for the notes.
This is Sunday evening service message: "Breakthrough to blessings - following Abraham"
Gal. 3:26-29, Gal. 3:7-9
Those of faith are children of Abraham
The same blessing of Abraham is duplicated on those that walk by faith
Gen. 12:1-4, 7-8
Abram believed God - God said: "Follow me...trust in me..."
Gen. 12:1-3 : If you do what God says then He "shows" (vision) and He will "make" (provision)...
1. Abram acted on what he believed - He did what God asked : Abram operated in FAITH
Faith requires "confession" and "action"
Abram walked by faith and not by sight
2. Abram built altars - Gen. 12:7-8, Gen. 13:4, 18
Gen. 13:2 - Abram built altars before and after he became very rich
Altars are place of worship, sacrifice, communion, covenants, spiritual gates - the place where man and spirits meet
Make your house an altar - a place of worship, serving and covenant
3. Abram refused to quarrel and strife - Gen. 13:5-17
Quarrel and strife brings confusion and every evil work - Js. 3:16
Confusion = no decision or direction - you are lost!
*THOSE WHO QUARREL WILL BE INFLUENCE BY THEIR NATURAL EYES - Gen. 13: 10
*PEOPLE OF FAITH WHO DONT QUARREL WILL BE DIRECTED & INFLUENCE BY SPIRITUAL EYES - Gen. 13:14-17
4. Abram was humble - he was Lot's senior spiritually and physically yet he gave Lot first choice. (1 Pet. 5:5)
5. Abram refused offense and vengeance - he went out to rescue Lot his nephew (Gen. 14)
Offense leads to vengeance
Forgiveness leads to grace
God is a God of grace and mercy - as children of God, we must become people of grace and mercy.
6. Abram trusted God. He met Melchisedek: bread and wine and then gave TITHES of all.
Abram was a TITHER
7. Abram refused to depend on the hand of corrupt and perverse king of Sodom - Gen. 14:23
Melchisedek - King of justice and King of peace
He depended on justice and peace
8. Abram covenanted with God and broke the curse of barrenness - Gen. 15: 8-18 & Gen. 17, Gen. 21:5
9. Abraham interceded for Sodom and Gomorah - Gen. 18:22-33
He did not accused, judge or condemn others, he stood in the gap and prayed for them
10. Abraham put God first (offered Isaac) - Gen. 22, Ps. 126:5-6, Heb. 11:4
We must develop faith to receive and to GIVE
God blessed Abraham in ALL things - Gen. 24:1
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org