The passover is founded upon Blood Covenant!
In Exodus 12, God gave specific instructions and informed the Children of Israel to keep the passover as a memorial and as a feast to the Lord throughout your generations (Exo.12:14).
What manifested the power of deliverance?
The Blood of the lamb!
We need to learn some vital issues and it is my duty to rightly teach you the Word. If the blood of an animal manifested the delivering power of the Lord's hand, how much more will the blood of Jesus perform Salvation, deliverance, healing, favors, blessings, protection for us!
Let's quickly learn two things:
1. The power of the blood manifested God's hand for deliverance - Exo.13:3
2. The purpose of the blood for deliverance was to worship and serve the Lord - Exo.12:31
Many speaks of the blood for deliverance but this is not the end, rather it is the beginning. It is also important to point out that they were to apply the blood by faith on 3 parts of the door.
In the New Testament, Jesus dealt with the sin nature through the blood covenant - Matt. 26: 26-30.
There are 3 things that give access to the devil:
There are also 3 things that causes us to sin:
1. Lust of the flesh
2. Lust of the eyes
3. Pride of life
The blood would provide protection on judgment when applied by faith - Exo.12: 12-13.
Here are some more benefits/blessings that the blood put into motion:
- The blood protects against the destroyer. John 10:10 tells us the devil is a destroyer, but he can have no access once we apply the blood by faith.
- The blood strengthens. Psalms 105 records this miraculous night and described the children of Israel who were hardworking slaves, yet not one was feeble! (Ps.105:36-37). What a difference between what the Apostle Paul described the church of Corinthians in regards to the Lord's supper. The Lord's supper was celebrated on the night of the passover (Matt. 26:18). As we do this in memorial just as was instructed by the children of Israel, we will receive blessings of the blood covenant. However, Paul described many in the church that takes the Lord's supper unworthily as weak and sickly and many died premature deaths (1 Corinth. 11: 30). Today many believers are like the church at Corinth rather than being like the children of Israel. The devil has successfully deceived believers about Easter and rather than celebrating the Lord Jesus and the power of His blood, many has been blinded by Constantine shrewdness. Constantine changed the name Passover to Easter (although in French, it is still the same name) which is named after the Babylonian goddess Ishtra, a pagan goddess of fertility. Hence the cute bunny and the dyed eggs. That's why many are weak, because we have forgotten the blood covenant and blindly ran after the world way!
- The blood gives favor - Exo 12: 36 and provides whatever we need.
Apply the blood by faith upon your house and see the power of God manifest in your family.
I sincerely love you
"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."