Pages

Welcome

Be encouraged and be blessed.
Visit www.jamesarekion.com

Friday, April 22, 2011

Special Prayer & Fasting for instruction and direction...







"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 
2 Chronicles 7:14

 
We are ready to embark on 21 days of prayer and fasting from the 1st to the 21st May 2011.
Fasting helps to develop a deeper relationship with God and enhance spiritual growth.
Through fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit can transform your life. As we join together, He can transform our lives, families and cities. We desire to be humble people so that we can discern the voice of God and listen to His instruction.
Fasting also develops spiritual strength. Fasting is the most powerful spiritual discipline of all the Christian disciplines.
God has sent us in Port Louis as I sense an apostolic anointing being launched in the ministry. I believe it is time to establish more churches in different areas of Mauritius, Rodrigues and in the Mascarene Islands.
To successfully do this, we need instructions from above, directions and spiritual strength and boldness.
As we pray together, I believe we will grow spiritually and numerically. Corporate prayer and fasting manifest a corporate anointing to destroy yokes and remove burdens.

Which type of fast:

A 21 days of partial fast is described in the book of Daniel. There was a three-week period in which he only abstained from "delicacies," meat, and wine (Daniel 10:3). So, we will abstain from meat, sweets, ice cream and delicacies as well as fizzy drinks.
I strongly advice you to drink plenty of liquids.

Spiritual Preparation:


In preparation for this special time with God, I strongly urge you to examine your heart, and detect any unconfessed sin. Scripture records that God always requires His people to repent of their sins before He will hear their prayers. King David said:
Come and hear, all of you who reverence the Lord, and I will tell you what he did for me: For I cried to him for help, with praises ready on my tongue. He would not have listened if I had not confessed my sins. But he listened! He heard my prayer! He paid attention to it!
Blessed be God who didn't turn away when I was praying, and didn't refuse me his kindness and love. (Psalm 66:16-20)
In your prayers, confess not only obvious sins, but less obvious ones as well. The sins of omission as well as the sins of commission experiences.

Our foundational scripture:


"Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly [is] great, but the labourers [are] few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest."
Luke 10:2

1 comment:

  1. What's a great encouragement to empowers people to fast.
    I love Matthew 17:21- "However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

    Some kinds of evil spirits can be cast out only by prayer & fasting.

    May God continue to pour his blessing upon your ministry & your people as you humble yourselves and pray and seek His Face during your fasting. Fran07

    ReplyDelete